Do you have favorite beauty products that you just can’t live without? I DO! Here’s a quick list of the items I always keep on hand…
1. Burt’s Bees Citrus Facial Scrub – It’s inexpensive, but oh-so-effective! With natural exfoliating ingredients that won’t scratch or dry out your skin! I keep this in the shower, and use it a couple times a week. It leaves your skin feeling fresh & soft!
2. Miss Me Lip Gloss – You can get this at Belle Boutique in downtown Boise, or the mini Belle Boutique in Eagle (inside the Idaho Athletic Club.) I LOVE IT, and never put on lipstick without layering this underneath. It’s a nourishing, quenching, matte lip gloss (no sparkles or glitter!). I like the soft pink shade English Roses; it glides on so smoothly, and softens your lips. It can be worn alone, but I love using it as a base to prep my lips for lipstick. Great for those who live in dry climates!
3. Clean Slate Makeup Primer by Tarte – It’s not as heavy as other brands (great for my sensitive skin!), but provides fabulous coverage and a smooth, even surface to apply your foundation over. I’ve tried a few different primers over the years, and Tarte is one of the few that did NOT cause acne flare-ups!
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion – A go-to product for makeup artists everywhere, this easy-to-apply eyeshadow base preps your eyelids for shadow, and seals in the color for all-day, smudge-proof wear. A must-have for girls who love eyeshadow!
5. Jet Set Waterproof Eyeliner by Smashbox- In my quest to find the “perfect” eyeliner, I came across this top-seller at Sephora. Immediately, I can see why it’s the first choice of many makeup artists & rock stars! It glides on smoothly, and you can create a thin line, or thick, or even smudge it for the “smoky eye” look! Smudge it fast, though; it’s waterproof, and stays on until you wash it off! Super-long-lasting, and super-black, with no shimmer. Use a flat, angled eyeliner brush to apply.
6. Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers – I can’t say enough about this fantastic product, so here’s a picture of my lashes with & without Lash Fibers. Not only do the fibers beef-up your natural lashes, but they also condition them, and allow mascara to wash off more easily at night. The result: healthier eyelashes with less breakage! I’m addicted to this stuff – it’s fantastic!!
7. Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara – Wow, talk about drama! I love how this mascara separates my lashes, and coats them with intense, inky blackness! Want people to ask if you’re wearing fake eyelashes? Then try this mascara out!!!
8. Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Round Brush – There are a lot of great brushes out there, but this one shapes, de-frizzes, and glides effortlessly through my hair. It works better – and is less damaging! – than cheaper plastic brushes, but it’s still WAY less expensive than those fancy celebrity-endorsed designer brushes. Love it! If you are local to Boise, these brushes are available at Roots Salon downtown.
9. John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight – in a word, AMAZING!!! Want silky, shiny hair? Check out my video clip to see how it works!
10. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Color Hold Rapid Repair Spray – I always spray this on before flat-ironing my hair. (Tip: Never, ever flat-iron raw, unprotected hair! That causes burns & damage!) This is the Cadillac of shine & protection sprays, and since a little goes a long way, it lasts a very long time. It’s also a great glossing spray for all hair types; shimmer & shine, without weighing hair down! This fabulous stuff is available from Sephora, or if you live in Boise, at Roots Salon downtown!
So there you have it, a quick & easy list of things I love and use, over and over again.
I love your feedback – what are your favorite beauty products???